9.08.070 Harassing or obscene telephone calls.
A. No person shall do any of the following by means of telephone calls originating within or received within the corporate limits of the city:
1. Make any comment, request, suggestion or proposal which is obscene, lewd, lascivious, filthy or indecent with intent to frighten, intimidate, threaten or abuse;
2. Make a telephone call, whether or not conversation ensues, with the intent to abuse, threaten or harass any person at the called number or numbers;
3. Make or cause the telephone of another repeatedly or continuously to ring with intent to harass any person at the called number or numbers;
4. Make repeated telephone calls during which conversation ensues solely to harass any person at the called number or numbers;
5. Knowingly permit any telephone under his control to be used for a purpose prohibited by this section;
6. In conspiracy or concert with other persons, make repeated calls or simultaneous calls solely to harass any person at the called number or numbers;
B. Once the caller has been told by the person receiving the call not to call again, but repeats the call, the caller’s intent to harass shall be presumed;
C. Violations of this section shall be subject to the penalties provided in Chapter 1.12.