When it comes to laws, truth is stranger than fiction!
We are dedicated to building the repository of dumb laws on our puny planet. Whether they’re Republicans or Democrats, Labour Party, or Conservative Party, Obama or Bush, no government has a monopoly on creating stupid laws. Although the bulk of our laws come from the United States, we have a large and growing collection from other countries – Canada, United Kingdom, Japan, Mexico, and many others. Our collection is expanding daily, so visit often for updates! Thanks to many contributors, we now have the largest collection of dumb laws on the Internet!
Most Popular Stupid Laws
- A man can legally beat his wife, but not more than once a month.
- If you are released from prison, you must be given a handgun with bullets and a horse.
- You may shoot Native Americans if more than five of them are on your property.
- It’s illegal to carry a Bible or to talk to anyone about Jesus Christ.
- All business signs in the province of Quebec must be in French.
- Since 1173 it has been illegal to die.
- All lollipops are banned.
- It is illegal to say any sentence containing more than 4 words in English.
- It is considered an offense to shower naked.
- Eating a neighbor’s baby is strictly forbidden.
Most Recent Stupid Laws
- It is illegal to die in town
- It’s illegal to idle your car in your own driveway
- 1,000 Hours of training is required to braid hair.
- A $110 license is required for teenagers to mow lawns.
- In Canada, it’s now legal to engage in oral sex with your pet.
- Royal Navy ships entering the Port of London must provide a barrel of rum to the Constable of the Tower of London.
- It is illegal to ride a cow while drunk.
- In Turin, it is illegal to dye your pet’s fur.
- It is illegal to have a bathtub in a private home in Ohio.
- It is illegal to dress up as a priest on Halloween.
Random Stupid Laws
- It’s illegal to throw knives at men wearing striped suites.
- Television reporters may not throw candy to the crowd during a parade.
- Any person who appears on any highway, or upon the street of any city that has no police protection, when clothed only in ordinary bathing garb, shall be fined no less than five dollars nor more than twenty-five dollars.” – KRS 436.140 (Passed in 1922; Repealed in 1974)
- One may not pretend to abuse an animal in the presence of a minor.
- Manure may not be deposited without a permit
- All liquor stores must be run by the state.
- It’s illegal to sell to minors comics that might incite them to violence or depraved or immoral acts.
- It is illegal to sell your children.
- The eating of stray cats is not permitted.
- It is against the law to throw a bag containing both cats and dogs into Parramatta River. But it is okay to throw a bag of cats or a bag of dogs.