When it comes to laws, truth is stranger than fiction!
We are dedicated to building the repository of dumb laws on our puny planet. Whether they’re Republicans or Democrats, Labour Party, or Conservative Party, Obama or Bush, no government has a monopoly on creating stupid laws. Although the bulk of our laws come from the United States, we have a large and growing collection from other countries – Canada, United Kingdom, Japan, Mexico, and many others. Our collection is expanding daily, so visit often for updates! Thanks to many contributors, we now have the largest collection of dumb laws on the Internet!
Most Popular Stupid Laws
- A man can legally beat his wife, but not more than once a month.
- If you are released from prison, you must be given a handgun with bullets and a horse.
- You may shoot Native Americans if more than five of them are on your property.
- It’s illegal to carry a Bible or to talk to anyone about Jesus Christ.
- All business signs in the province of Quebec must be in French.
- Since 1173 it has been illegal to die.
- All lollipops are banned.
- It is illegal to say any sentence containing more than 4 words in English.
- It is considered an offense to shower naked.
- Eating a neighbor’s baby is strictly forbidden.
Most Recent Stupid Laws
- It is illegal to die in town
- It’s illegal to idle your car in your own driveway
- 1,000 Hours of training is required to braid hair.
- A $110 license is required for teenagers to mow lawns.
- In Canada, it’s now legal to engage in oral sex with your pet.
- Royal Navy ships entering the Port of London must provide a barrel of rum to the Constable of the Tower of London.
- It is illegal to ride a cow while drunk.
- In Turin, it is illegal to dye your pet’s fur.
- It is illegal to have a bathtub in a private home in Ohio.
- It is illegal to dress up as a priest on Halloween.
Random Stupid Laws
- If an older brother asks to marry your girlfriend by law and honor you, and your girlfriend, must agree.
- All persons must carry a bag with them at all times when they walk their dog in case said dog “poops”, or risk a $100 fine.
- It is considered an offense to throw pickle juice on a trolley.
- The third Thursday of October is designated as “New Jersey Credit Union Day” and citizens of the state should observe the day with “appropriate activities and programs”.
- It is a felony for a wife to open her husband’s mail.
- It is against the law to attempt to break any law in title 9 of the code (public peace, morals, and welfare).
- The government may not prohibit manual flushed urinals.
- There is a 3 cent bounty for each starling and 10 cent bounty for each crow killed in any village, township, or city in the state. (Repealed, 2006)
- No Dutch Royals may hold a position of power or public authority in Belgium.
- If you are convicted of littering three times, you will have to clean the streets on Sundays with a bib on saying,” I am a litterer.” This will then be broadcasted on the local news.