When it comes to laws, truth is stranger than fiction!
We are dedicated to building the repository of dumb laws on our puny planet. Whether they’re Republicans or Democrats, Labour Party, or Conservative Party, Obama or Bush, no government has a monopoly on creating stupid laws. Although the bulk of our laws come from the United States, we have a large and growing collection from other countries – Canada, United Kingdom, Japan, Mexico, and many others. Our collection is expanding daily, so visit often for updates! Thanks to many contributors, we now have the largest collection of dumb laws on the Internet!
Most Popular Stupid Laws
- A man can legally beat his wife, but not more than once a month.
- If you are released from prison, you must be given a handgun with bullets and a horse.
- You may shoot Native Americans if more than five of them are on your property.
- It’s illegal to carry a Bible or to talk to anyone about Jesus Christ.
- All business signs in the province of Quebec must be in French.
- Since 1173 it has been illegal to die.
- All lollipops are banned.
- It is illegal to say any sentence containing more than 4 words in English.
- It is considered an offense to shower naked.
- Eating a neighbor’s baby is strictly forbidden.
Most Recent Stupid Laws
- It is illegal to ask about a job
- It is illegal to die in town
- It’s illegal to idle your car in your own driveway
- 1,000 Hours of training is required to braid hair.
- A $110 license is required for teenagers to mow lawns.
- In Canada, it’s now legal to engage in oral sex with your pet.
- Royal Navy ships entering the Port of London must provide a barrel of rum to the Constable of the Tower of London.
- It is illegal to ride a cow while drunk.
- In Turin, it is illegal to dye your pet’s fur.
- It is illegal to have a bathtub in a private home in Ohio.
Random Stupid Laws
- It is illegal to whisper in someone’s ear while they are moose hunting.
- Atheists are disqualified from holding office or testifying as witness.
- It is illegal to park in front of Dunkin Donuts.
- It is considered an offense if a woman appears in public, unless accompanied by a male relative or guardian.
- Individuals may not possess beer in containers larger than two liters unless they are a retailer.
- Any person over the age of 12 may have a license for a handgun as long as he/she has not been convicted of a felony.
- A life sentence in prison is 200 years.
- It is legal to conduct a horse race or a symphony concert.
- Pedestrians crossing the highway at night are prohibited from wearing tail lights.
- Throwing flowers at a public speaker could result in up to one year in prison.