When it comes to laws, truth is stranger than fiction!
We are dedicated to building the repository of dumb laws on our puny planet. Whether they’re Republicans or Democrats, Labour Party, or Conservative Party, Obama or Bush, no government has a monopoly on creating stupid laws. Although the bulk of our laws come from the United States, we have a large and growing collection from other countries – Canada, United Kingdom, Japan, Mexico, and many others. Our collection is expanding daily, so visit often for updates! Thanks to many contributors, we now have the largest collection of dumb laws on the Internet!
Most Popular Stupid Laws
- A man can legally beat his wife, but not more than once a month.
- If you are released from prison, you must be given a handgun with bullets and a horse.
- You may shoot Native Americans if more than five of them are on your property.
- It’s illegal to carry a Bible or to talk to anyone about Jesus Christ.
- All business signs in the province of Quebec must be in French.
- Since 1173 it has been illegal to die.
- All lollipops are banned.
- It is illegal to say any sentence containing more than 4 words in English.
- It is considered an offense to shower naked.
- Eating a neighbor’s baby is strictly forbidden.
Most Recent Stupid Laws
- It is illegal to die in town
- It’s illegal to idle your car in your own driveway
- 1,000 Hours of training is required to braid hair.
- A $110 license is required for teenagers to mow lawns.
- In Canada, it’s now legal to engage in oral sex with your pet.
- Royal Navy ships entering the Port of London must provide a barrel of rum to the Constable of the Tower of London.
- It is illegal to ride a cow while drunk.
- In Turin, it is illegal to dye your pet’s fur.
- It is illegal to have a bathtub in a private home in Ohio.
- It is illegal to dress up as a priest on Halloween.
Random Stupid Laws
- It is illegal to display a hypnotized or allegedly hypnotized person in a store window.
- Animals are banned from mating publicly within 1,500 feet of a tavern, school, or place of worship.
- You must have a neck to knee swimsuit in order to swim at Brighton Beach.
- One may not raffle off a dog as a gift in any public place.
- It is against the law to store more than 1 ton of explosive (fireworks) in the celar of a house.
- No monster may enter the corporate limits.
- Blue jeans are illegal on Noble Street.
- No boxing contest shall be conducted, and no contestant shall engage in a contest, between opposite sexes.
- An adult may not show a minor any piece of classical artwork which depicts sexual excitement.
- It’s illegal to allow someone to use stilts while working on the construction of a building. (MGL Chapter 149 Section 129B)