When it comes to laws, truth is stranger than fiction!
We are dedicated to building the repository of dumb laws on our puny planet. Whether they’re Republicans or Democrats, Labour Party, or Conservative Party, Trump or Biden, no government has a monopoly on creating stupid laws. Although the bulk of our laws come from the United States, we have a large and growing collection from other countries – Canada, United Kingdom, Japan, Mexico, and many others. Our collection is expanding daily, so visit often for updates! Thanks to many contributors, we now have the largest collection of dumb laws on the Internet!
Most Popular Stupid Laws
- A man can legally beat his wife, but not more than once a month.
- If you are released from prison, you must be given a handgun with bullets and a horse.
- You may shoot Native Americans if more than five of them are on your property.
- It’s illegal to carry a Bible or to talk to anyone about Jesus Christ.
- All business signs in the province of Quebec must be in French.
- Since 1173 it has been illegal to die.
- All lollipops are banned.
- It is illegal to say any sentence containing more than 4 words in English.
- It is considered an offense to shower naked.
- Eating a neighbor’s baby is strictly forbidden.
Most Recent Stupid Laws
- It is illegal to ask about a job
- It is illegal to die in town
- It’s illegal to idle your car in your own driveway
- 1,000 Hours of training is required to braid hair.
- A $110 license is required for teenagers to mow lawns.
- In Canada, it’s now legal to engage in oral sex with your pet.
- Royal Navy ships entering the Port of London must provide a barrel of rum to the Constable of the Tower of London.
- It is illegal to ride a cow while drunk.
- In Turin, it is illegal to dye your pet’s fur.
- It is illegal to have a bathtub in a private home in Ohio.
Random Stupid Laws
- One’s pants may be worn no lower than five inches below the waist.
- Cats are forbidden from entering cemeteries.
- There is to be no rollerblading during daylight hours, on the roads, or on the bricks.
- Law requires all bathtubs to be kept out in the yards, not inside the houses.
- It is forbidden by law to ask a Scotsman what he wears under his kilt.
- It’s illegal to dig ginseng on other people’s property between the months of April and September, according to an 1866 law.
- It’s illegal to imitate animals.
- Drivers of power-driven vehicles who stop at pedestrian crossings are liable to a fine of up to five yen. -Article 40 of the Beijing Traffic Laws.
- Persons under the age of 16 may not play pinball after 11:00 PM.
- It is illegal to brush your teeth more than twice per day.